Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Day 6-A picture of something that makes you happy




Here are 2 pictures of things that make me happy....I love tulips. I would love to have garden beds full of tulips but I am not that good when it comes to flower beds. I can make a pretty good veggie garden but my thumb is nearly black when it comes to flowers. I have some tulips around and I do love seeing them come up each year.

One year I saw a couple of deer around the neighborhood and I love seeing deer...but I heard they were eating flowers. Yep, the next day, my tulips which were almost ready to bloom and should have that day were GONE. I wasn't so happy with the deer that year!
One more picture...I also love seeing the lady slippers grow in the spring each year. We are lucky to have so many in our woods on both sides of our house. They are special to me because my mom used to love them as well and for a few years, we had 50-100 in the front woods at my parents' Sanbornton house.

1 comment:

unsure of the future said...

I love Lady Slippers! Just one more thing I miss from NH.