Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Please consider donating

My sister sent this email to her friends but I hope perhaps I might reach a few more people willing to help her meet her $300 goal.

Many of you know that my husband Cliff and I have been working at the same special needs summer camp for a number of years now. Our camp, located at the Colonie Town Park and run by Easter Seals, is the only outdoor camp for children with disabilities in our area, serving over 20 different schools and an endless list of disabilities. Easter Seals is a major provider of necessary services for people with disabilities across the country, and a cause that Cliff and I feel very strongly about as a special education teachers. Also, an ever growing number of students from the school district where I teach, (Lansingburgh Central School District in Troy, NY) attend this camp as part of their yearly services.

Please consider joining me in my efforts to help children and adults with disabilities and other special needs in New York. I would like to invite you to join me and participate in the 1st Annual Easter Seals New York Walk With Me Albany scheduled for Saturday, June 27, 2009 at Washington Park. It's a chance for me, you and many others who want to experience the joy of giving by participating in a fun and uplifting event.

http://www.easterseals.com/site/TR/WalkWithMe/WWMAlbanyNY?px=3163076&pg=personal&fr_id=2594

I am asking you to Walk With Me (or sponsor me) to benefit Easter Seals programs in our community. The distance we walk is not as important as the reason we are walking, and how much we'll make a difference. Click on the Web site link above and visit my personal Easter Seals Walk With Me page to join my team and raise the needed funds for Easter Seals New York! If you’re not able to join me to walk, please sponsor me for the walk with your 100% tax-deductible financial contribution.

Thank you so much!
Pamela Petrini Mele

No comments: