Wednesday, March 11, 2009

I won :)

This was my first foray into running for something in the town...of course since School District Clerk had no one running for it, it was a very easy write-in campaign. But it was a fun experience to see how many people actually took the time to read a couple of emails and write in my name! There were 125 write-ins and I received 94 of the votes....actually 95 but they threw the Lorraine Petrini one out. I have no idea who wrote down my maiden name but perhaps they saw it on Facebook and just remembered that!

I have never been too interested in politics but I have become quite interested in small town politics here and especially how they affect the school. I was so happy last night that the paraprofessionals for the kindergarten class in the fall passed (Andrew's class!) by a vote of 344 to 315. Pretty close but I can see how my emails out to people to vote yes helped :)

That's it for now!

3 comments: