Sunday, October 5, 2008

Apple Bread Recipe

1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup butter
3 eggs
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 to 2 tsp. vanilla
3 cups apples, diced
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 to 2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt (I skipped this since I had salted butter; in original recipe, it was all oil/no butter)
1 cup chopped nuts (optional)

Directions:
Combine and set aside the oil, eggs, sugar, and vanilla. Sift flour, cinnamon, soda, and salt. Add dry ingredients to oil mixture gradually. Add apples and nuts. Bake in 2 regular loaf pans or 3 foil loaf pans for 1-1/2 hours at 300°F. Cool 10 minutes in the pan. Sprinkle with sugar, if desired.
Note: Someone on online said: I bake it at 325 degrees for about 70 minutes.

LEPF Directions: I just threw everything in the bowl and mixed. Some folks said at least putting the cinnamon in with the apples is a good idea so it flavors more. I also bumped the vanilla and cinnamon up from 1 teaspoon to 2.
For Pampered Chef 4 mini loaves, I cooked for 60-65 minutes.

6 comments:

Mom of 3 Boys said...

you can also use applesauce to replace some of the oil/butter

Sarah said...

LOL, that was fast!! I was just asking for that yesterday :) We bought A LOT of apples yesterday, so I will be making A LOT of something with them.

Sarah said...

Favorite local pizza place? Northwood House :) Or Blue Loon (but that's not local to you!!) Northwood House is as close as some of those other places to you!!

Mom of 3 Boys said...

sorry sarah, I didnt know any others out that way or i would have put them. haha! I could have put 'other'.

i was trying to remember the name of northwood house...that is the one next to halo's right? cooper hill is closer than that one though, they deliver, same price and a bit tastier. haha

Sarah said...

No way is cooper hill tastier!! Northwood House is the best ;) I will give you that they deliver, though. Only one better is Blue Loon - but that is far for you guys. LOL.

The Wheeler Family said...

You can also take those ingredients and put them into a bundt pan and make a cake out of it. Just sprinkle sugar on the bottom of the pan, and it comes out like an apple bundt cake with sugar on top. Yummy!! You still cook at 300 for 1 1/2 hours (or the 325 for 70 min.)

p.s. gotta agree with lepf on the cooper hill vote. I love their bbq chicken pizza!