Friday, June 4, 2010

Statues

I am a big believer in signs and feelings and intuition....and that you should trust that...

The boys lately have been asking about Grammy's statue...yesterday, today and I thought while I went to Weirs Beach Motel and Cottages for the ribbon cutting, I would stop there after with Patrick and Sean. But as I was driving there, I got an incredible feeling of anxiety and 'have to' that I couldn't shake so it wasn't a matter of 'if' I get to the cemetary today, it was a matter of 'when.'

After the ribbon cutting, we headed out. I had told my dad that the boys were asking about Grammy's statue a lot but we didn't talk much more about it. I did call him to ask him one more thing as I was heading there and he asked me if we were going to cemetary. I said yes and he said to let him know what I thought. I said okay, thinking he had put some new flowers there, weeded, etc.

When I got to the cemetary, I was incredibly surprised and a bit taken back with what I found....




But this explains to me why I had this feeling that I 'had' to see the 'statue' today. Not sure what else I have to say about this....other than obviously it is sad to think of my dad ever not being here.
(and as a sign note, I did weed after I took these pics)

4 comments:

LeeAnn said...

WOW... geez my dad still sits on the couch table in the living room... How do you feel about this?

Susan Beebe said...

That had to be a source of mixed emotions for you I'm sure. Your Dad must have felt that he needed to do that, so it's a good thing. We must always treasure our family and friends while they are with us because you just never know. So on that note...I love you my friend!

Stacey said...

I am just getting back to your blog after weeks, and just saw this. I totally agree with Susan. You must have been pretty shocked to see that. I know I would have been. It's so nice though, that he'll want to be there next to your mom.

Pamela said...

Now that I have had time to think and clear my tears after finally getting the gumption to look at your blog, I think I can actually comment. It does look beautiful, and what Dad wrote is very touching... it makes me happy to see in very clear terms the things that mean the most to Dad, even though I wish I didn't have that reminder of the eventuality of losing him at some point as well. But I'm happy that Dad has that done how he wants it, and I kind of think he wanted us to see what he had to say while he could talk with us about it. Still makes me very sad and makes my insides all screw up thinking about it. I wish I lived closer so I could see you and everyone more often.