Saturday, April 24, 2010

hot corn cip from trisha yearwood....

Hot Corn Dip
****From LEPF: I would use jalopeno cheddar cheese to give it a kick instead of the monterey jack, next time!

From Trisha:
"I made this dip recently for a 'Girls’ Night In.' Every now and then a group of my girlfriends and I get together and watch our favorite television show, or watch chick flicks -- insert your favorite movie here. My favorite tearjerker chick flicks are Steel Magnolias, Return to Me, and Message in a Bottle. We keep this dip warming in a slow cooker and snack on it all evening. Corn chips make this dip divine!" Serves 12
2 11-ounce cans Mexican corn, drained
2 4½-ounce cans chopped green chiles, drained
2 cups grated Monterey Jack cheese (about 8 ounces)
¾ cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 cup mayonnaise
Corn chips, for dipping

Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 9 × 13 × 2-inch casserole dish.
In a medium bowl, mix the corn, chiles, cheeses, and mayonnaise until fully combined. Spread the mixture in the prepared casse¬role dish and bake, uncovered, for 30 to 40 minutes, or until bubbly around the edges. Serve the dip warm from the oven with corn chips.

1 comment:

Susan Beebe said...

That sounds yummy!!! I think I'll have to try it soon.